World of Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the name of Science!

2 posters

Go down

In the name of Science! Empty In the name of Science!

Post  Snow Cone Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:55 pm

"Aha! Here we are! Brilliant!" Snow Cone said, gazing up at the large, blue temple. Streams and waterfalls cascaded out of the walls of the temple, creating a continuous rushing sound. Snow Cone walked up to one of the rivers caused by a waterfall and set down a heavy steel box that he was cradling on his back and started to unpack it.

"Okay, here's the dimensional energy repulser, and the molecular creation identifier, and the cross-chronological stabiliser..." Snow Cone muttered to himself, pulling out various devices from the box and tweaking certain levers and switches on them. "I think that's all of them."

Snow Cone grins in excitement. "Today will be a great day for science!"
Snow Cone
Snow Cone
Admin

Back to top Go down

In the name of Science! Empty Re: In the name of Science!

Post  Dread Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:21 am

Walking through the water-themed scenery, Dread shook his sides, irritated by the water getting into his scales.
"Why do I even come here... I must enjoy being annoyed" he mused, shaking his head with a slight smile.
Walking further along, he spotted a small brown dragon standing over some strange, metallic box. Poking the chocolate dragon's back gently with one claw, he pointed at the odd devices that were being lifted from the box.
"What're those?" Dread asked, staring blankly at the foreign devices.
Dread
Dread

Location : (Custom picture yo ^) Only place I be is on my computer... like right now... ^^;

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow Cone Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:55 pm

Snow Cone turned around at the poke in his back.

"Ah! Dread! Wonderful to see you! You're just in time to watch me conduct my experiment." Snow Cone said, turning back to his devices. "I'm here to figure out how the water falls infinitely from the Water Temple. Now, to answer your question, this one here is a dimensional energy repulser. According to the law of the conservation of mass, matter cannot be created or destroyed. This means that the water has to come from somewhere. Since I don't see any other ways for the water to go into the temple considering that all streams of water are leading away from the temple, it's a possibility that it's teleporting the water from another dimension. In the event that that is the case, I have this machine here to repulse any radiation energy caused by interdimensional travel. Since the water has been running for a very long time, the portal would have been open just as long, thus the amount of radiation would be dangerously high." Snow Cone prattled on about his machines and theories as he started to placed tubes from the second machine into the water.

"This beauty that I'm currently fiddling with is a molecular creation identifier. With it, I can see how the molecules are formed and if they are brought together after being teleported or if they are transported whole. So I am getting a sample for it by placing these pumps in the water. And this last one is very important. Without the cross chronological stabiliser, any changes made to the assumed portal for any unknown reason could possibly cause it to close or malfunction. Which is why it is very important that I do not interrupt the flow for fear of doing something that the elemental leaders would possibly hurt me for." Snow Cone paused, deep in thought. "Particularly Midnight." He turned back to Dread, his grin reappearing.

"So, did you catch all that?"
Snow Cone
Snow Cone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dread Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:43 am

Blinking several times, the large red dragon sat back on his haunches, an inquisitive look in his eyes.
Prodding at several of the machines lightly with a single claw, he inspected them carefully, his breath coming in and out in short snuffs as he smelled each object seperately, taking mental notes.

Picking up each individual piece of the delicate machinary carefully, he turned them around several times, quizzically wrinkling his nose above the dimensional energy repulser, shaking his head a few times.
"All of these contraptions are interesting, of course, but..."
Dread paused, shaking his head, a bemused smile on his face
"...but wouldn't it be a lot simpler than what you're currently doing?"

Dread pointed to the water for a moment with his snout "Wouldn't the radiation be present in the water?"
His smile only growing wider, the bulky dragon swayed his tail in thought for a moment before pointing with it behind the large waterfall "Isn't there a large ice sheet behind that wall? That would explain the source, and the amount..."
And finally, he smiled enlarged again as he pointed towards the end of the river the waterfall fed.
"And not to burst any bubbles, but wouldn't there also have to be a portal at the end? The water must go somewhere, right?"

Bemusedly shaking his head, he gave a small, toothy grin to the chocolate dragon.
"I'm surprised that you didn't notice the new portal right before the entrance to the temple itself - it appears to have opened to... not the human world, interestingly enough. The place is all ice, tundra, and ocean. Though being able to deflect some radiation would help, as I'm going to assume it's the reason I felt sick while travelling through the place." he said quietly, pointing towards the entrance.
"It's out of the way a bit, but I don't think others should know quite yet - I almost passed out in a few minutes there, and who knows what would happen if I had - and I think I may have a bit more resistance to it than some others..." he trailed off, proudly patting his muscled side with the flat of his tail.

"Maybe we should go check that out, hmm~?"
Dread
Dread

Location : (Custom picture yo ^) Only place I be is on my computer... like right now... ^^;

Back to top Go down

In the name of Science! Empty Stick to the thread topic, please. Also, some science-fiction.

Post  Snow Cone Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:43 pm

(Refer to rule #8: "If one dragon saves your butt, don't create another problem to interfere with any business they may want to get on with." While Snow Cone didn't save anyone's life in this thread, he was merely here to do simple, personal research and chat with any friend that might show up, yet you've tried to turn it all into some crazy adventure with potentially deadly consequences because you couldn't resist trying to void his experiment and completely derail the thread from its original topic. I now have to completely change the motive of Snow Cone's experiment from curiosity to catastrophe prevention and orchestrate the saving of the country, which could possibly drag on for quite a few more pages than I envisioned. I'll go along with it now, but next time, stick to the thread topic)

"Well, as you can see, I approached the temple from the back, so the front entrance wasn't within my field of view. Thank you for notifying me of it, though." Snow Cone said. "The water definitely goes somewhere, but there does not have to be another portal at the end. What in Draconia makes you think that? In fact, the rivers flow into various lakes and ponds across the country, which is partly the reason I'm here. The radiation is in the water, of course, that is why I brought the dimensional energy repulser to combat the radiation given off by inter-dimensional travel. The portal itself doesn't give off radiation around it, it's the anti-spacial radiation energy that attaches to any objects that pass through the void from one dimension to another." Snow Cone moves his claws around to emphasise his points as he further elaborates on his theories.

"Due to the water rushing out of the supposed portal at a faster rate than we dragons can consume it, the radiation levels are dangerously increasing. Now, dragons can withstand surprisingly high levels of radiation, but we've had more water flooding into the lakes in the past decade than we know what to do with. Some dragons might see this as a good thing, with their primitive "Woo! More water to drink!" thought process, but since nodragon knows when the water will stop flowing, we could end up with some bad flooding."

"I can't simply stop the radiation in the bad water polluting our drinking water, so I'm trying to find a way to find out where the portal leads and how it's created so I can shrink the portal. Shrinking the portal will not only bring the flow of water back to an acceptable level, it will also lower the amount of radiation in the water by decreasing the surface area of the portal edges that transform the energy." Snow Cone looked up with a raised eyebrow.

"Also, you apparently do not know much of area and volume. The ice would have to be melting at an enormous pace in order to match the speed of a rushing river. And since there are multiple streams and the space inside the temple is small and limited, it would have run out in little under a week. The ice would have to keep replenishing at a rapid rate since the water has been going for a very long time. If the ice did provide the water, the ice would also have to come from somewhere else, because matter can't be created or destroyed and thus, the portal theory is still possible." Snow Cone turned back to his equipment. "Also, put that down, please. A stabiliser can't stabilise anything if it itself is unstabilised."

Snow Cone cleared his throat. "Anyway, sorry, but no, I will not go with you into that new portal. I've got a potential crisis to all dragonkind in my claws here and I'm not going to pack up my things and jump into an unknown portal with you." Snow Cone said, fiddling with a level on the molecular creation identifier.

"Oh, and by the way," Snow Cone called over his shoulder, "Not to burst any bubbles, but never assume that the guy with a pair of glasses and a lab coat doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to science. And my user really needs to stop typing now. Seriously. Stop typing. Now."
Snow Cone
Snow Cone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum