World of Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strange happenings

3 posters

Go down

Strange happenings Empty Strange happenings

Post  Midnight Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:05 am

Midnight lay peacefully by a small lake, her tail gently swaying in the water. It had been a relaxing day and anything or anyone that decided to ruin it would have a lot of problems. She closed her eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep.

She was suddenly awoken by a loud bang. She growled deeply and slowly rose. "Whoever has woken me up will have a verry bad day."
Midnight
Midnight
Admin

https://worldofdragons.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Strange happenings Empty Re: Strange happenings

Post  Dread Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:09 am

Dread slowly crashed his way through the forest, knocking aside various trees; they WERE in his way, and he was not in the mood to fly.
Spotting a small lake in the near distance, he decided it would be worth investigating. "A nice, cool dip in the lake never hurts~" he said, a slight smile crossing his face as he eased himself through the foliage, striding towards the shore.
Dread
Dread

Location : (Custom picture yo ^) Only place I be is on my computer... like right now... ^^;

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnight Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:12 am

Midnight spotted Dread strolling casually towards the lake. "Why am I not supprised?" She said flatly. "It's my day off you know, Dread. I prefer to spend it in peace."
Midnight
Midnight
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dread Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:16 am

Hearing a familiar voice, Dread turned to the see Midnight, obviously angered.
"Why should you be surprised?" Dread stated, rolling his eyes at the black dragon's sarcastic tone.
"And what has your day off to do with it? Wouldn't be the first time I've come here on a nice afternoon~" he said, giving a small smile to the Midnight as he lay down next to her.
Dread
Dread

Location : (Custom picture yo ^) Only place I be is on my computer... like right now... ^^;

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnight Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:18 am

Midnight sighed. "I'll never understand you." She said and lay back down.
Midnight
Midnight
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dread Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:27 am

Dread rolled his eyes one again, chuckling in a low tone.
"I guess not..." he said, shaking his head a few times before putting it down to the lake, taking a few huge gulps of the clear water.
Dread
Dread

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnight Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:30 am

Midnight had just stated to drift off to sleep again when she heard more banging and crashing. "I hope that's not you, Dread." She said angrily. She lifted her head to see what was going on, only to be met by trees falling for no reason.
Midnight
Midnight
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dread Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:32 am

Dread quickly looked behind him, a crashing noise calling him to attention. Checking his tail, he noticed it was no where near any trees.
"No, that's not me... what is it then?" he asked, immediately standing up and turning to face the forest, watching as several trees fell without an apparent cause.
Dread
Dread

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnight Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:35 am

Midnight hesitated before taking flight. "Nothing up here." She said. "So much for my day off."
Midnight
Midnight
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dread Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:37 am

Dread sighed irritatedly, reluctantly lifting off from the ground. "So much for not flying..." he said contemptedly. Scanning the trees, he still could not spot what caused the disturbance; looking over to Midnight with a worried look, he nodded towards the forest. "Any idea as to what that was?" He asked.
Dread
Dread

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnight Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:39 am

"Woulden't have a clue." She said. "You?"

(I'm out for the day, or two.)
Midnight
Midnight
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dread Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:45 am

Dread shook his head, closing his eyes for a moment. "No, wouldn't have asked you otherwise..." he said. The thought crossed his mind to set that section of the woods on fire, but he decided against it.

(That's fine ^^; )
Dread
Dread

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnight Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:04 am

Midnight charged ahead. "Let's see what's going on here." She growled.
Midnight
Midnight
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dread Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:16 am

Dread slowly glided forward, curious (yet also cautious) to know what might be causing the disturbance; he growled in a low tone for a second before roaring, the sound echoing around the entire lakeside as he tried to flush out the thing knocking over trees.
Dread
Dread

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow Cone Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:15 pm

Snow Cone's body swung back and forth as he once again crashed into another tree.

"Gah! Why would I ever get the idea to test out my new relaxation-transportation machine in a dense forest!" He cried, dropping his head to avoid the swinging branches of the tree that now fell. "Oh well. At least there's no one else here to disturb. Although, the hippies might have a problem when they find that the forest now lacks approximately 20 trees." Snow Cones chocolate lips bared in a grin. "Thank goodness we don't have those here. I'm still not sure what the point of me making that joke was since it's entirely irrelevant to the current happenings. I really should stay a bit more on topic, the admin might get a little angry at my user."

The sound of metal grinding rang through the forest as Snow Cone pulled down the lever to bring his large machine into reverse. He wrenched it to the left to drive around the freshly hacked tree trunk. He cranked the lever that activated the rotating gears again and pushed the thrust button to move forward. It crawled towards the edge of the trees, accelerating at a horribly slow pace. Snow Cone frowned at this observation.

"I could probably be outraced by passing caterpillar larvae in the first few seconds. Still, only a prototype, I suppose." He muttered. He continued towards the clearing, before a loud roar thundered through the air. Snow Cone yelped in shock and lost control, crashing into yet another tree and bringing it down as well.
Snow Cone
Snow Cone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dread Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:16 am

Waiting for a few moments after his roar (the tone satisfied him immensely), Dread looked around the tops of the trees. Spotting yet another tree fall, he tilted his wings downwards, leaning forward and gliding quickly towards the crashing noise that followed. Looking around for a moment, he spots Snow Cone sitting atop some strange machine; snorting softy at the chocolately aroma coming from the small brown dragon before turning around, he shakes his head a few times.
"Nothing to see here, Midnight..." He said, rolling his eyes as he once again sat by the lake.
Dread
Dread

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnight Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:47 am

Midnight spotted Snow Cone tearing through the forest on some type of machiene. "What the hell are you doing, Snow Cone?!" She growled as another tree fell. "Now I think I understand why you were turned into chocolate by the Gods." She landed with a heavey thud and gave Snow Cone a stern look.
Midnight
Midnight
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow Cone Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:54 pm

"Ah, hello there Midnight!" Snow Cone chirped happily. He leaped off of his contraption and looked up at Midnight, smiling widely. "What do you think of my new invention? It's only a prototype now, but I hope for a very wealthy future from it! You see, I saw that humans had these things called "automobiles" and I thought that the idea was brilliant! It allows them to cruise around at high speeds in relaxation and comfort. I couldn't resist having a crack at it."

Snow Cone gestures towards the machine dramatically and speaks in a deep tone "Behold! The Relaxation-Transportation Device! Or RTD for short."
Snow Cone
Snow Cone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dread Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:47 am

Dread snorted at the odd machine, dismissing it with a wave of his tail.
"To me, the clouds and air are quite comfortable. And besides, wouldn't sliding on the ice be faster?"
he asked, staring at the machine intently before averting his gaze to the brown dragon leaping off of it.
"Besides, at least when slide you don't run into trees like that..."
Dread
Dread

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow Cone Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:22 am

"Well," said Snow Cone, "You see, conjuring magic to freeze the water molecules in the air requires a great deal of concentration and effort. Targeting each specific molecule, freezing it, and then freezing the ones underneath it to keep the platform afloat for the barest of milliseconds, just enough to delay gravity as I skate across it, and doing the same for the air in front of me isn't as fun as it looks. Sure, once you get the hang of it, it's fun, but I still have to concentrate otherwise I could end up doing myself some very serious damage."

"The RTD, however," Snow Cone said, leaping up on the machine and patting the console affectionately, "Allows me to travel in comfort due to not having to use my magic and I must only focus my concentration on simply maneuvering this machine with these relatively, erm," Snow Cone's smile faded a little as he looked at the various dials, levers, switches and buttons on the console, "Simple controls."

Snow Cone's smile brightened up even more than before. "And so, until I can figure out a way to increase the acceleration, decrease the number of controls needed, and improve the brakes..." Snow Cone frowned in thought, looking at the fallen trees behind him. "Hmm, that should probably be at the top of that list... Anyway, until then, I'm going to keep testing." Snow Cone sat back down into the seat and drove it towards the clearing. "You can have a go if you want!"
Snow Cone
Snow Cone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum