World of Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pain and Fire

+3
White Wing
Snow Cone
Midnight
7 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Pain and Fire - Page 2 Empty Re: Pain and Fire

Post  Snow Cone Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:44 am

"Oh really?" I say, walking through the tunnel. My claws echoed off of the rocky floor. The heat was still intense and my scales were starting to melt and drip onto the floor. "What happened then? Did you get beaten up by two Poison Tail dragons?" I snicker to myself.
Snow Cone
Snow Cone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnight Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:56 pm

"When you wind up in a full-blown battle with a Poison Tail dragon, tell me what it's like." Midnight paused. "If you live." She sighed and sealed the tunnel as she walked. "Poison Tail are one of the dragon clans that rival us element leaders. That's why we have the Dragons of Time to back us up." She sealed the last of the tunnel and examined the Water Stone.
Midnight
Midnight
Admin

https://worldofdragons.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow Cone Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:10 pm

"Was it worth it?" I ask. "Getting your ass kicked for a stone that you can't even control that much?"
Snow Cone
Snow Cone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnight Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:59 pm

Midnight stopped and faced Snow Cone, her eyes blazing with anger. "These stones aren't to just control! They're to keep the world in balance!" She roared. "Only the dragons of the same element will prosper." She secured the stone. "You just have no idea." She said and left without another word, leaving Snow Cone behind.
Midnight
Midnight
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow Cone Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:04 am

"If the world wanted to keep its balance, it would hold its arms out to keep steady!" I shout after her. Okay, definitely not my best comeback. I keep walking at the same pace. "How incredibly childish of her, getting all huffy because I'm a little ignorant. There's a perfectly valid reason that I have "no idea". I study science, not magic. I don't even use magic that much. Sure, I use it here and there to help with my research, and I protect myself in combat with magic, but apart from that, I'm not a magic user." I mutter this all to myself as I continue along the tunnel.

As I'm walking a hear a small crack underneath my claws. It sounded as if it came from deep inside the rocky floor. I look down in confusion. "What was that, I wonder?" I say to myself. I continue walking through the tunnel, and along the way I keep hearing little cracks and splits and crunches from under the floor. They were all getting louder, as if they were getting closer. Alarm bells start ringing in my head as I remember what Midnight had done. She's stopped the volcano from erupting, right at the point of eruption. All of the pressure is building up. And while the magma can't go out of the top of the volcano, there's nothing stopping it from coming out he- My thoughts are interrupted by a very loud cracking noise as the ground beneath my claws splits. A blast of hot air flies out of the crack, and I jump back to avoid getting melted. When the heat lessens I peer my head over the crack to look inside. A faint orangey-red glow was coming from inside it. And it seemed to be getting rapidly brighter...

I let out a shout as I turn spin around and take off down the tunnel away from the inside of the volcano. I look behind me as I sprint along the tunnel to see a pillar of lave shoot out of the crack like a geyser. It hits the roof of the tunnel and starts to build up. With the pressure building up behind it, the lava keeps getting pushed out, and it starts to come down in a slide, straight towards me. "Oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god!" I say to myself as I pump my legs to keep myself away from the river of lava rushing towards me. "MIDNIGHT!" I shout towards the front of the tunnel, "RUN!"
Snow Cone
Snow Cone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnight Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:44 pm

Midnight turned around abruptly. She saw the lava pouring out of the top of the crater. She scoffed and continued walking. Snow Cone's efforts were feeble. The element leaders always took in the worst case scenario. There was a barrier protecting everything around Molten Crater. She puffed out a little black smoke from her nostrils. That dragon. So- so annoying and obsessed with science. What was science in a MAGICAL world inhabited by dragons and weird sometimes retarded creatures. It was dumb.
Midnight
Midnight
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  White Wing Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:02 am

White Wing circled the volcano. That fight with Midnight was tough. But the crater, it was erupting? Had she gone too far by triggering the eruption. She pushed aside the thought. That was her caring side speaking, she had no time for that now. She changed direction and left the premises. It was bad enought that she couldn't find the Water Stone, but she was unable to take possession of the Fire Stone either. "God." She thought. "I am so dead."
White Wing
White Wing

Back to top Go down

Post  Kei Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:07 am

Kei spotted White Wing and blocked her flight path. "Well?" He said in a gruff voice. "Did you get it?" He shook his head. That was a stupid question. Of course she didn't. "And Midnight? What of her?" He snorted at the very mention of her name. Midnight. The dragon who stole the Fire Stone from him. She claimed to have found it in the forests, but it was still his. Even before that he always hated her. No particular reason, he just…didn't like the dragon.
Kei
Kei

Back to top Go down

Post  White Wing Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:21 am

White Wing shook her head. "No, I'm sorry. As soon as I arrived at the crater she was already there. I managed to severely injure her but the volcano was close to eruption and I couldn't find it in the time I had." She paused. "There was a brown dragon at the scene too. If he helped Midnight escape, she will have the Fire Stone with her. We can retrieve it then." She said. She looked below. There, the black dragon walked carelessly towards the Dragon Temple. She grinned sadistically and aimed the light reflecting off her white scales towards her. "It seems our time will come soon."
White Wing
White Wing

Back to top Go down

Pain and Fire - Page 2 Empty Them?!

Post  Midnight Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:13 am

Midnight squinted as the light shone in her eyes. She looked up. "Her." She said. And Kei? The leader of Poison Tail? What was HE doing HERE? She looked at her right wing, neatly tucked into her side. The ice was melted too. Without hesitation, she unfurled her wings and shot to the sky. "Well, looks like the whole crew is here." She scoffed. "Kei, long time no see."
Midnight
Midnight
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pain and Fire - Page 2 Empty Where the heck is she?

Post  Snow Cone Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:22 am

My legs are starting to ache from the running. The lava is starting to slow down and I think I might outrun it. Midnight also hadn't responded to my call. "MIDNIGHT!!! ARE YOU THERE?!?" I shout. I wait a few seconds. Still no response. Damn it! She's gone and left me! As the end of my tail starts to almost entirely melt, I start to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Hey, just like they say! I keep running with renewed vigor. I the sun suddenly dips out from the top lip of the cave exit and I'm blinded for a moment. As my eyes begin to adjust I notice that at the end of the cave it just drops off. I, however, am unable to stop myself in time. With a short cry of surprise I plummet off of the edge of the cave and land in one of the small pits dotted around the side of the volcano.

"Ow..." I groan quietly. I pick myself off of the floor onto shaky legs. I blink a few times as lights dance in my eyes from the impact. Lucky this pit was only just outside of the cave exit. I didn't fall too far. I look up to find myself enclosed in a little hole in the volcano side, with hot, rocky walls raised up on all sides of my. I try to scramble up but I can't find any footholds. This pit was the result of a bubble formed in the cooled lava, and therefore the insides were smooth. With a start I remember the lava snaking through the cave. I know suddenly hate the fact that this pit was positioned right outside the cave exit. Any second now that lava is going to pour out into this pit and turn me into chocolate sauce!

I try to freeze the air to create an ice platform but there was no water in the air. It was too hot, the water had all risen with the hot air into the sky high above. And now, I am stuck in a pit about to be filled with lava with an almost melted body and no way out.

"MIDNIGHT!!! HELP!" I cry.
Snow Cone
Snow Cone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnight Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:30 pm

Midnight almost felt like ignoring the desperate plea for help. She looked around; no way out. She examined the hole and used her Black Breath to create a way out. "That annoying brat, always getting in the way." She turned to the Poison Tail Dragons. "Now where were we?" She grinned. "Oh, yeah." She said and launched at Kei.
Midnight
Midnight
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pain and Fire - Page 2 Empty Uh oh

Post  Snow Cone Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:15 am

(How does she make a way out with her breath? Does she breath out a ladder or does she create an updraft? For the sake of the RP I will pretend that you melted a section of the wall out to create a ramp. Be more descriptive next time, I can't work with the environment if I don't know what has happened.)

"THANKS!!!" I cry out as I scramble through the opening Midnight had made with her breath. I get out of the hole just as the lava pours through into the pit. I lay on the rocky side of the volcano, panting. Looking up, I see that Midnight is engaging in combat with two other dragons. Uh oh. Two opponents, both large, one red, one white. White is either wind or spirit, Red most likely fire. Both very experienced or skilled (possibly both) in aerial combat. Very powerful wings on White, able to create large winds with those. Red has strong limbs, capable of lifting a ton, approximately. Judging by the blood on White's claws, he was probably the one that attacked Midnight. Also covered in scratches, so stamina would be lower than usual from earlier combat. Red, however, looks fresh for battle, teeth bared, angry growl, very angry and determined. Midnight, just been savagely beaten, lost a lot of blood, under immense pain, probably has burns from the heat of the volcano, low stamina from earlier events. Chances of her success, roughly 13%.

My eyes widen in fear. This doesn't look good. Midnight is powerful, but she won't have much of a chance here. Unless... I observe the clouds above. Quite a few clouds, low chance of rain, clouds are a little darker, so there's water in them. Judging by the humidity, there's a lot of water in the air. An idea sparks in my mind.

"MIDNIGHT! THROW DOWN THE WATER STONE! I HAVE A PLAN!" I shout. Please listen, don't be daft, just do it, come on. I frantically think to myself as I wait for her response.
Snow Cone
Snow Cone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnight Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:50 am

(She did destroy a section of the ground, good guess)

Midnight changed direction
Just before making contact with Kei. Was he crazy?! She had to give him a chance though. She grabbed the Water Stone and threw it to Snow Cone. This had better be a good plan. She diverted her attention to Kei and White Wing. "Sorry about that. You know, scientist and all." She said. "So, how's life?" She said cassualy to Kei as she flicked her tail at him.
Midnight
Midnight
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pain and Fire - Page 2 Empty Thanks!

Post  Snow Cone Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:08 am

I see the blue stone falling through the air, glinting as it catches the sunlight. I take a run up and dive, front legs outstretched. It drops into my claws and I land on the rocky with a thud, rolling with my momentum. I hold the stone in my claws and take hold of the magic within me. The Water Stone itself was emanating a lot of mana, and I connected myself with it to harness it's power. I gasp as a watery magic seeps through my body, enlarging my magical skill. I look up. Midnight is still circling with Red and White. They seemed to be talking. Any second now somedragon's going to get seriously hurt. Probably Midnight.. I start the beginnings of my plan, guiding the magic from the Water Stone. This might take a while... I think to myself as I begin to gather the necessary components...
Snow Cone
Snow Cone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kei Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:21 am

Midnight's tail hit Kei in the chest, knocking his breath out of him. He wirled around and snarled viciously. "You took my Fire Stone! I want it back!" He roared and swiped his claws at the black dragon. "White Wing! Stay out of this." He said. He hated midnight. He hated her guts.
Kei
Kei

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnight Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:04 pm

"Oh, please!" Midnight said. "You're acting like a child. The Fire Stone belongs to your element, not you." She dodged Kei's claws. "No wonder the element leaders keep bad mouthing you. You're pathetic."
Midnight
Midnight
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kei Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:05 am

Kei snarled viciously. "Pathetic? Your the one who just got beaten by White Wing!" He pointed a black claw at the white dragon hovering next to him.
Kei
Kei

Back to top Go down

Post  White Wing Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:48 pm

White Wing looked away from the two dragons. In the corner of her eye, she could see the brown dragon handeling the Water Stone. She set her wings back and sailed downwards, towards the dragon.
White Wing
White Wing

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow Cone Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:45 pm

I stand there silently in concentration, heavily intent on my task. Above me, I hear a swooshing of wind, quite close. I look up with a start to find White diving towards me. With a startled yelp, I leap to my left side, still holding tightly onto the Water Stone. However, all my concentration is lost, and my work fails. I'll have to start over again. I think to myself angrily.
Snow Cone
Snow Cone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  White Wing Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:42 am

White Wing snarled as Snow Cone ran off. "Coward!" She yelled at the fleeing dragon. She changed direction and flew after him.
White Wing
White Wing

Back to top Go down

Post  Shelby123 Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:27 am

Spirit had been flting over the Molten Crater when she saw the commotion. "Is that Poison Tail down there?" She said to herself. "Better check it out." She swooped down to White Wing who was fast approching Snow Cone. "What the hell do you think you are doing?! Leave him alone before I beat the crap out of you!" Shae said as she grapped onto White Wing's back.
Shelby123
Shelby123

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow Cone Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:32 pm

(@White Wing - Snow Cone does not start running. He merely makes a small evasive dive to his left. Please read previous posts thoroughly before replying)

"Coward?" I say indignantly. "Diving out of the way of an oncoming attacker is not cowardice, it's wisdom! You don't just stand there and wait for them to fly right into you!" Suddenly, another white dragon drops out of the sky. "Oh dear god, these dragons are multiplying!" I say jokingly. I hear the heavy *thump* as the newcomer drops onto the one chasing me. I steal a quick glance upwards to see how Midnight is doing against Red...
Snow Cone
Snow Cone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnight Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:38 pm

"I knew you had problems, but this is just off the charts. Chill." Midnight said, swinging her tail towards Kei again.
Midnight
Midnight
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shelby123 Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:09 am

Spirit lets go of white wing and starts to watch the fight between midnight and kei.
Shelby123
Shelby123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum