World of Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's happened to me?

2 posters

Go down

What's happened to me? Empty What's happened to me?

Post  Snow Cone Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:45 am

I shake the snow from my head. I blink in rapid succession, the blinding flash of the lightning still burned into my vision.
"Ow." I say. "That hurt." I pull myself out of the snow to find that I had caused quite an indention into the ground when I had fallen. "Well, no surprise there. I was up fairly high when that lightening bolt hit me." I look upwards to find that the sky was actually very sunny, not at all stormy weather.
"Why the heck was there even a lightning strike in the first place? There's only one cloud in the sky, and it's so small it doesn't even have enough water in it for one mouthful!" I look down at my scales to find them covered in mud.

"Ew." I say, trying to flick the mud off. My eyes widen as a thought suddenly races through my mind. "Wait a minute. This is the Tundra. There's no dirt here for any mud to exist!" I narrow my eyes as I observe my limbs, watching the way that the brown stuff seemed to move with my scales, as if they were a part of me. I lean my head forward and give my right foreleg a tentative sniff.
"Chocolate. I smell like...chocolate." I raise my head up in surprise, thoughts blazing.

"But that's physically impossible! I can't be made of chocolate! It doesn't have the required nutrients needed for a dragon to survive!" I reach out and give my foreleg a lick.
"Well, at least it's not dark chocolate. I hate that stuff." I move my body around, testing too make sure that all of my muscles were working properly.
"Nothing seems to be injured. I'm healthy as an ox! Well, an ox made of chocolate anyway." I look up at the sun. "I guess that only thing I need to worry about is melting." I lay back down in the snow, thinking everything over...
Snow Cone
Snow Cone
Admin

Back to top Go down

What's happened to me? Empty Re: What's happened to me?

Post  Midnight Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:16 pm

Midnight had been walking through the Icy Tundra when she saw a lightning bolt strike the ground. She ran over to see what had happend. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, so why was there lightning? There, in the distance she could see… a brown dragon? "That's strange." She thought. "I've never heard of brown dragons before." She approached the dragon. There was something weird about the scent in the air. It smelt like. Chocolate; and it was coming from that dragon. "Um, are you OK?" She said with uncertainty. Dragons don't eat chocolate. In fact, the only way chocolate could get into the dragon world was by the mysterious penguins coming between the rift connecting the human and dragon world. Anyway, no chocolate has ever made it to these parts. Could it be? Is this dragon…made of chocolate?
Midnight
Midnight
Admin

https://worldofdragons.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

What's happened to me? Empty Introductions

Post  Snow Cone Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:51 pm

A shadow fell over me, blocking the sunlight from view. I looked up to see a massive black dragon, towering over me. Well, it's an exaggeration, but still...
"Whoa. You are the biggest dragon I've ever seen." I say. "You are gigantic, bloody massive, absolutely gargantuan! Well, I'm pretty small, so it may not just be your height." I rise from my sitting position and nod my head in greeting. I spoke faster than a normal dragon, with an accent from the Land of Eng.
"Hello there, stranger. How may I-" I start to say before my eyes widen and I gasp in surprise. "No way! Well, son of a soccer-playing sasquatch! Are you midnight? Leader of the element of darkness and wielder of shadows?"
Snow Cone
Snow Cone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnight Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:03 am

Midnight was amazed at how enthusiastic the dragon was after possibly being struck by lightning. "Uh, yeah, that's me." She said. "May I ask who you are?" She lay down in the soft snow. "I'd be interested in your story." She smiled kindly, still wondering about what happend. She'd need to know as much as possible so she could get to the bottom of this whole mess.
Midnight
Midnight
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow Cone Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:02 am

"Wow. You know, for the leader of an element all about darkness and shadows and evil and stuff, you seem like a pretty nice dragon." I say, taken slightly by surprise at Midnight's kindness. "Anyway, where are my manners? Probably still up in the sky around where I was struck. I'm always losing the damn things." I look at Midnight, grinning. "Sorry, I tend to ramble on a little. My name is Snow Cone. Now, I suggest you get comfortable, my story might go on for a while."
Snow Cone
Snow Cone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnight Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:54 am

Midnight looked at Snow Cone, somewhat confused. Since when were darkness dragons considerd evil? "Please, tell." She said. This was too important to shrug off.
Midnight
Midnight
Admin

Back to top Go down

What's happened to me? Empty Explanation

Post  Snow Cone Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:48 am

I frown in thought as take a breath and launch into my story: "So, anyway, there I was, just flying through the air, the wind beneath my wings and all that. Then I heard a great rush of air, like whoosh, you know? Then this massive ring of dark clouds just materialized above me and then BAM! Massive bolt of lightning came crashing down on me! The thing is, the lightning was black. Strange, isn't it? Anyway, as it hit me, I felt myself go all fuzzy, and then my wings went heavy-wevvy, then my scales all sort of went wiggly jiggly biggily squigilly! That's when I faceplanted the ground with enough force to knock over a mountain." I exhale and take a few large breaths. Then I smile. "It was all quite a 'shocking' experience. Haha, get it? Shocking?"
Snow Cone
Snow Cone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnight Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:17 am

Midnight lifted he head slightly. "Black thunder on a cloudless day? Heavy wings?" She grinned. "Snow Cone, my friend, that was a lightning strike from the Dragon God of Thunder. I'd say your genetic code was messed with." She resisted the urge to laugh out loud. "Poor dragon." She thought. She sighed. "This may make things difficult." She stood up and streatched out her large, black wings to shake of the snow.
Midnight
Midnight
Admin

Back to top Go down

What's happened to me? Empty Hmm...

Post  Snow Cone Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:16 am

I raise both my scaly eyebrows in surprise. "Really? I didn't take you for a scientist. But I think you may be correct. The lightning bolt seems to have changed both my DNA and biological structure. Not only that, but it's filled up the insides of my wing bones!" I cry with dismay. Then I frown in thought and stroke my chin with two of my fingers. "Hmm, because of this, it doesn't seem likely that I will be able to fly. But, after all, we live in a land of magic, and we've just seen clear evidence that magic can do what science cannot. What do you think, should I give it a try?" I look towards Midnight for her opinion.
Snow Cone
Snow Cone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnight Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:35 pm

Midnight looked at Snow Cone. "Um, if your willing to injure yourself." She said. She knew chocolate hardens in the cold, and if it were to be struck with enough force, can break, or in the worst case, shatter. She didn't like the idea, but she would be there to help him if need be.
Midnight
Midnight
Admin

Back to top Go down

What's happened to me? Empty Leeroy...

Post  Snow Cone Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:50 pm

I shrug and grin. "You never never know until you try. Oh yeah, by the way. I'm about to make a reference you're not going to understand, but it's gonna be awesome!" I take a running leap towards the edge of the icy cliff. 'LEEEEROOOOOYYY JEEEENNNKIIIIIIIINNSSS!" I shout out, throwing myself off of the cliff. I try to flap my wings, but my theory was correct: Without the hollowness in my wing bones, and the increased density of the substance that my wings are made of, it is aerodynamically impossible for my wings to support myself against the wind. "THIS WAS THE WORST IDEA I'VE EVER HAAAAAAAAAAAAAD" I cry, rushing towards the ground that looks really solid...
Snow Cone
Snow Cone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnight Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:59 pm

Midnight doesn't hesitate as she races towards the cliff face. She sailed downward, rushing past Snow Cone. Just before she hit the ground, she unfurled her wings as Snow Cone landed on her back. Midnight landed softly on the ground. "Are you OK?" She asked.
Midnight
Midnight
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow Cone Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:16 pm

I roll off of Midnight's back and onto the ground. "Oomph!" I gasp as the wind rushes out of my chocolaty lungs. I take a deep breath. "I'm fine. I'm okay. Wow, thanks for that. I really think that having my brain turn into confectionery has screwed up my logical thinking skills. I'd better turn myself into a psychiatric ward for my own safety." I say, shaking myself. I stop in surprise. "See? There I go again. If I was in a psychiatric ward I wouldn't be able to risk my life in dangerous situations or nearly bring about the end of life as we know it." I grin at Midnight. "So, you said some god had done this, hmm? Well, I would wholeheartedly like to know why he decided to turn me into an unhealthy snack. Any ideas?"
Snow Cone
Snow Cone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnight Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:25 pm

Midnight examines her wing. "No one knows exactly why the dragon gods do this. I guess it was just dumb luck that you were 'attacked' by the lightning dragon god. Sometimes it helps other dragons." She pauses. "Sometimes it kills them. I myself have been addressed with such problems by the other darkness dragons." She pushes aside horrible memories of being presented with fresh dragon corpses. "All you really need to worry about now is melting." She said, trying to lighten the mood.
Midnight
Midnight
Admin

Back to top Go down

What's happened to me? Empty A new pal

Post  Snow Cone Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:35 pm

"You know what, I was thinking the exact same thing before. Great minds think alike. So do idiotic ones. Sometimes, with the rare occurrence, they cross over, and both great and idiotic mind think the same thing. Like right now, for instance." I say, before laughing lightheartedly. "Just kidding." I look up at the sky and towards the horizon. "So...Anywhere in this world, anywhere at all...Whether it be under the water or above the clouds, across the forest or through the desert...There's an adventure out there. And it's waiting for us. Waiting, for us to reach out... and take it. What do you say, my new buddy? Feel like exploring new places while simultaneously nearly getting yourself killed multiple times?" I look towards Midnight and grin.
Snow Cone
Snow Cone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnight Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:45 pm

Midnight smiled. "I may be the darkness element leader, but I can't turn down an adventure." She said. "Have any where in mind?" She asked. An adventure. That's defiantly what she needed. And a friend too. Today turned out to be pretty good after all.
Midnight
Midnight
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow Cone Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:48 pm

"How about a place where I won't turn into a puddle of chocolate milk? Like...The Kareena Forest, perhaps?" I suggest.
Snow Cone
Snow Cone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnight Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:54 pm

"Kareena Forest? Looks like you've chosen an adventures area." Midnight grinned. "They say there is a monster there that lurks the forests there. A monster that scares the crap out of dragons that wander the forests." She walks behind Snow Cone. "I've seen it myself. Also, the Poison Tail clan also make Kareena Forest their centre of operation. You game enough?"
Midnight
Midnight
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow Cone Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:57 pm

"Oh please, I'm so game I crap pixels. Let's do this!" I say, leaping off into the air, flapping my wings. I fall back down to the ground with a thud. "Ow. I didn't think that one through." I sigh. "It's gonna be a long walk..."
Snow Cone
Snow Cone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnight Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:13 pm

"Yeah, and your a heavy load, so…" Midnight said teasingly. She headed to the direction of the forest. "Coming?"
Midnight
Midnight
Admin

Back to top Go down

What's happened to me? Empty Whee!

Post  Snow Cone Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:22 pm

"I'm the heavy load? You're the one with a flank larger than that of an entire cow! Although, that may not necessarily be such a bad thing." I say. Suddenly, my eyes brighten. "Ooh, ooh! I just got the best idea! Check this out..." I say, bracing myself. Then, I take a running leap. I freeze the water in the air, causing it to make a mid air ice platform. I start sliding down it on my behind, yelling out "WHEEEEEEE!" and freezing the air in front of me as I go. "Catch me if you can!" I call behind me, pushing myself along faster with my forelegs.
Snow Cone
Snow Cone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Midnight Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:29 am

Midnight loved a good challenge. She spread out her wings, and in one fluent motion, she shot into the air. She angled her wings perfectly as not to shatter Snow Cone's ice. Midnight beat her wings harder and longer. Soon she had caught up to him. "Catch me if you can!" She said as she moved infront. This was fun.
Midnight
Midnight
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow Cone Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:12 am

"WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" I shout. "Uh oh." Midnight flies past me. I frantically slide myself along the ice as fast as I can.

--SCENE CHANGES TO KAREENA FOREST--
Snow Cone
Snow Cone
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum